More of the Galaxy's Finest

I have been buying Star Wars: Legion figures on EBay from sellers who are buying core box sets and splitting them down. This makes the figure a lot more affordable for me and gives me the freedom to buy exactly what I need. Like this squad of Stormtroopers:

A squad of Imperial Stormtoopers for Legion
I have decided that I am not going to follow the 'official' unit lists that Legion offers, but I am going to organise my forces along the same lines as the Star Wars Miniatures Battles lists. In a nutshell, this means that my Imperial squads will be 8 figures, with four squads for a platoon. The Rebels, on the other hand will be 10 figure squads, with five squads making a platoon. Obviously these numbers are not set in stone and I will be able to shift things around as scenarios demand, but it's the basic building blocks. It also means a bit of jiggery-pokery with figures as official boxes only come with seven figures.

Speaking of Rebels, I also finished another squad of Alien head swaps. The heads came from Mel's Miniatures on Shapeways and are excellent sculpts with crisp detail. They want to be for the price!

A squad of Aliens for Star Wars: Legion

Sticking with Legion, I revisited the barricades that come with the core box. I never liked these, they felt like poorly produced lumps of plastic. However, I was inspired someone's blog (I have lost the address, I'm afraid) who had mounted theirs on bases and made them into better scenery pieces. I cut out some plasticard strips and used Polyfilla to make the barricade look like it was dug into the ground. I also weathered them with rust and streaks and I am much happier with them now. So much so that I even bought another set!

A set of barricades for Star Wars: Legion

So the Legion project is moving along nicely and soon we will be able to have a game with a decent amount of figures that should allow for more tactical movement.

Comments

  1. Nice work on sprucing up the barricades. I like the headswops too.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Pete, I'm glad you liked them! The Mel's Miniatures heads really are good.

      Delete

Post a Comment