15mm Roman Buildings From Warbases

I am moving forward with my Italian campaign project, after buying the really nice Warbases stable and villa, I went back and got some more of their lovely kits. The first was this 15mm Mansio. This will stand in as a farmhouse on the Gothic Line or a Romano-Gaulish Mansio for Infamy, Infamy


I painted this exactly the same way as I painted the stables and the villa, using Pollyfilla for the walls and Wills pantiles for the roof. 


It has a lot of detail and I didn't need to do a huge amount of work to getting it looking how I wanted. I went back at the end and added a garden and the vines growing up the walls. These were helpful in covering any mistakes I made in the plastering... 


I also bought a small tower, this is actually supposed to be for a wall set, but I thought it would make a nice little town bell tower or other type of building you see across Italy. 


Unfortunately, it doesn't have a doorway, and I could have made one, but I didn't bother in the end. It doesn't bother me too much as it's not immediately noticeable. 


The third building in this group was a small store. 


This is a lovely little building, very cute and is a nice addition to a rural farmstead. 


Here's all three together, as with all Warbases kits, they start out a little basic, but a bit of work gets them looking pretty nice. And you certainly can't argue with the price and customer service the they provide. 


 

Comments

  1. I do like these buildings, great job and nice details...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil! The buildings are very nice and you can do a lot with them.

      Delete
  2. Very nicely done, these look great, you have made a lovely jod of these and will look great on the table👍😁 Are you building other terrain pieces for your Italy campaign, (have you seen project wargaming,s hills and buildings, although 6mm for italy) I made a Vine yard once for my 28mm ww2 Italy campaign and was going to build a villa (did not in the end ) but moved my interest onto Africa🤔 keep up the good work and look forward to your tutorial 🤓

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Kevin, I am adding bits and pieces as I go along for the Italian Campaign. It's not at the top of my list, just something that is bubbling away in the background, so I have no plans, just whatever takes my interest. There is a tutorial for the first of these buildings I built and you'll find it on my channel, but I'm afraid I didn't do a tutorial of these.

      Delete
  3. Those are very nice.

    I look forward to seeing them fought over.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Pete, these will probably turn up in Infamy before WW2, if my plans stay the same...

      Delete

Post a Comment