Hedge Hogs

The one thing that is missing from my gaming table is hedge rows and given that I now play more Lardy games, these are a bit more necessary than when playing Rapid Fire, due to their smaller level. But, I didn't want bocage style hedges, just normal bog standard hedges. Going through one of my boxes I found a load of coffee stirrers that I had liberated from Greggs when I was working close to one years ago. I'd never had  much use for them, but I figured they could be useful as the base for hedgerows. The first step was to cut them down to size, in this case I split each 7" piece into two, one 3" and one 4" long.  


I then clipped the ends into triangles so that they would sit together on the tabletop, and painted them in Flat Earth by Vallejo. Next I added static grass as you can see above and left them to dry. The next step was the add clump foliage. I did this exactly the same with the 2mm woods that I made a while ago. You can read about the technique HERE


Using my fingers I moulded them into hedge shapes and added them to the sticks and left them to dry for a couple of days. This is a very messy way of making scenery, as my bottle of PVA can attest... I would advise wearing latex gloves!


And that was it, a very simple way of making a load of hedges. I worked it out and I have about 7' of them, but I think I may need a few more. However, I also have plenty of fences to add so this is enough for now!


Meanwhile, I have recently started designing T-Shirts and other items again, it's something that I did a long time ago and I have recently returned to it with some wargaming and military history check the some of the latest ones out below (click the picture for the products) and my shop on Redbubble (HERE) where you find the other wargaming designs, available on t-shirts, other clothing and mugs amongst other items.




Along with this, I have also updated the rewards tiers over on my Patreon page. Please have a look here https://www.patreon.com/stormofsteelwargaming. Patreon is a way of helping me out to continue to create content on both the blog and the Youtube channel as both take up a large amount of time and all supporting money will go directly back into helping continue. 

Comments