This weekend I painted the first sprue of Germans from The Great War board game by Plastic Soldier Company. Each sprue contains enough figures to make four units of infantry (there are three sprues in the basic game, I got another three due to the 'Epic' bundle on Kickstarter). I textured their bases with PVA and sand and used Sidney Roundwood's guide to painting late war Germans for the basic colours. One thing I changed though was to use Grey-Green Vallejo paint for the tunics, trousers and puttees.
The figures painted well, but on closer inspection I noticed that there is a lack of detail that you normally get with PSC figures. However, these are supposed to be for a board game so I am not so fussed about it. Also included on the sprue is a Maxim Machine Gun and four crew. This makes up a single unit:
More support is available from the trench mortar, again with four crew.
And finally the last figure on the sprue is the bomber, he can be added to any infantry unit to make it stronger in the attack.
On each sprue you get 25 figures, which makes a total of 75 Germans in the basic set (or 150 for me...), a hefty amount of figures. It will take a while for me to finish painting the original set, but keep checking back for updates as I do. I apologise again for the rubbish pictures, I am still using my phone!