Friday, 18 July 2014

Full Fallschirmjäger Battalion

I finished off the rest of the Fallschirmjäger unit the other day. It's a full Battalion for use in Rapid Fire! Here are the support elements of a 75mm Infantry gun, 2 x 80mm Mortars and 2 x MMGs:


The main body of soldiers is the three companies of ten men commanded by a HQ of four men.


All together they make an impressive sight on the table!


I have a few other spare guns which I may add to this little force and another almost full battalion's worth of men in the lead pile. It just needs the support elements adding, which may be a project for the future, but thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Shouldn't that 7.5cm gun be a , 7.5cm LG40 recoilless gun ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deleted the last reply, a quick bit of research has told me that they ditched the recoilless guns after they stopped airborne ops: http://www.bayonetstrength.150m.com/German/german_parachute_battalion.htm

      Delete
  2. Very inspiring! Makes me want to get on with my own Fallschirmjager force.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad it has inspired you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...