Stuff and Nonsense

Since finishing the Stalingrad project, I have not really had much time to do any painting. I am currently working away in Ware, Hertfordshire, excavating a Roman cemetery. I was looking at the local war memorial the other day though and I spotted two men from the MMP (Mounted Military Police) were recorded on there. I think this is the first time I have seen a Monkey on a war memorial.


Also, there were a couple of men from Canadian units on the memorial. I'm not sure of the story behind this, perhaps they were men who had emigrated to Canada from Ware?


Also, it was a friend's wedding this weekend, so I spent Saturday night in the pub. The landlord is ex-army and a military enthusiast and I was delighted to see these two beers for sale:



Obviously, I had to try several pints of each, but I didn't run off like the Old Guard did, ha ha ha ha ha. 

And finally, I did paint one figure in the last week, he is a Halfling for Blood Bowl. I have painted him in the team colours of the Greenfield Grasshuggers. I have had these figures sat about for a few years and I thought it was about time I started work on the team. This guy was a tester for the colours:


OK, that's it for now, but thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. I'm not the biggest beer drinker, but I simply *must* try Marengo Blonde! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fine pint, it really was.

      Delete
    2. Maybe someday. :) It's my dream to vacation in the UK.

      Delete

Post a Comment