Wednesday, 21 October 2015

2nd Nassau Brigade in 6mm

Whilst I have been busy in a galaxy far far away, I have also been beavering away on the 6mm Napoleonic project in the background. The latest of which is the 2nd Nassau Brigade under Major General Prinz Bernard von Saxe-Weimar. This unit is the first none-red unit I have painted and consists of three Nassau regiments (in green) and two Orange-Nassau regiments (in blue). The jagers are also present as the skirmishers at the front.


In Blücher terms this is an 'overstrength' unit, which is why I decided to model all five of the battalions that make up the brigade. This will make it easy during a game to spot the larger formations without having to read the information on the base.


It was a nice break to paint a different colour than red and this is also what makes the Anglo-Allied army of the 100 Days Campaign so interesting.


The figures are from Baccus, but are French line infantry, as Baccus don't do a separate Nassau range. At this scale no one will notice!


There are still a few more units to finish off before I have completed I Corps, but more about that in the future! I then may begin on the French I Corps, in order to have some figures to actually use on the table.

Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure you just like tormenting me! Stunning work as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha, thanks Russ. I promise I am only torturing myself, painting this many figures...

      Delete
  2. How did you make the small box at the back of the stand? I am painting and building the same army with the same stands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, they are MDF dice holders, I got them from Minibits (http://www.minibits.net/) and they are their 7mm dice holders. Which fit perfectly in the space on the base.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...