The Last of the Norsemen

A short post this, I have been away on holiday and not had a chance to paint much. That said, I finished off the Vikings that I bought at Vapnartak. You may remember they are the ones from Museum Miniatures and Peter Pig:


Alongside these figures, I also put the very last finishing touches to the Icelandic farm buildings, namely a small courtyard to join the structures together. This was simply a piece of plasticard, textured with sand and painted.


As I mentioned, I have been away on holiday. It was to the North Yorkshire coast for a few days, but whilst I was there we went to Scarborough, where I saw this preserved 13lber QF Vickers gun that had been rescued from the sea bed. Here's a few pictures of it:




And a commemoration plaque to the Christmas present the Germany Navy gave the people of Scarborough in 1914.


And the best ship-in-a-bottle I've ever seen at Whitby museum.


As I said, a short post, but thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. I like the farm- looks nice- can just imagine it being the site of a tense night time raid.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete, that's exactly what I'll be using it for!

      Delete
  2. Nice job, love the farm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I think the courtyard really brings it all together.

      Delete

Post a Comment