Chasseurs of the Middle Guard

With just over a week to go until our wedding day, this really, really, really, is my last bit of painting for a while! I had a few free hours last Sunday so I hammered out the Chasseurs of the Middle Guard.


This is an understrength unit and as the French are pretty quick to actually paint (it's a lot of blue and white and not much else at this scale...), I was able to complete the unit in under about three hours. Although, that doesn't include the basing and waiting for drying times.


As I mentioned, it's classed as Understrength, but they still have an Elan of 8 and it is the last powerful French unit for the 100 Days Campaign.


I really am happy with the look of the French columns. This brings my total of painted 6mm figures to 3,098. There's no wonder I need spectacles...


There are only two brigades of infantry (Young Guard) and three Cavalry brigades to complete for the Guard Corps, so these are nearly a halfway point for the full unit now. As I said though, I get married in just over a week, so this blog will probably go quiet until after then and after the honeymoon. Never say never though and I may find time to paint some more tiny men!

Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. More epic awesomeness! They may be small but they certainly get noticed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Russ, I think these guys will make an impression in the games...

      Delete
  2. Just incase I forget, all the very best to you both on your up coming wedding 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am sure it is going to be a great day! Unfortunately, there'll be no wargaming...

      Delete
  3. Very nice. Over 3000 painted figs is good going. Enjoy your big day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm, 3000 painted figures is insane, is what it is! Ha ha. Thank you, it should be a blast!

      Delete

Post a Comment