Spring chicken to shitehawk in one easy lesson

Over the last week or so, I painted the aircraft that came with the Plastic Soldier Company's new Battle of Britain game. it took longer than expected as I ordered some BoB decals from Dom's Decals over a month ago, but as Dom has been in absentia for a while, I waited as long as I could and found some on EBay instead.
I already had a bunch of German crosses so that was a start, but all the numbers came from a set of Bf-109 specific decals. The numbers are all made up, but I like the look of them:


The British, on the other hand, are specific units. The Hurricanes are the 303 squadron, which was a Polish squadron (and amusingly, one of the 303 sqn Spitfires was mistakenly used as a advert for the Far-Right British National Party against immigration!). The Spitfires are from 19th Squadron. The decals are slightly too big as they seem to be 1/285th scale rather than 1/300th, but that just means you can see them better!


Unfortunately, I didn't have enough decals to do the extra three British aircraft, so they will have to wait a while longer. My painting was pretty rough and ready, as I did these quickly, but the decals bring everything together so it's not so noticeable. They certainly look a damn sight better than the horrible green and grey that they started in! As PSC are sending out a new set of aircraft as a lot of people complained about these, it means I'll have loads of 1/300th aircraft for BoB dogfighting! 

Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. Nice work. Certainly adds to the look of the game.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete, yes, the painted versions are a vast improvement on the plastic!

      Delete
  2. Excellent job. They really look the part. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, I got the colours from a thread on TMP.

      Delete

Post a Comment