A Mixed Bag

I was in Vienna again last weekend and this coming week I will be attempting to get to St Kilda again (should the weather be kind...). So, I have not really had a chance to get my teeth into anything solid, but I have not been lazy, so here's a mixed bag of things I have been up to:

First up, I have been contemplating how Stalingrad would work with Rommel, using its 1km square grids. So I found this German map of Stalingrad from June 1942 and overlaid a 1km grid over the city and surrounding areas. The city seems to sit perfectly in several squares with the Volga acting as a back line. Food for thought?


Speaking of Russia in WW2, I also quickly knocked together two spare KV-1 bodies from Zvezda (I think I gave the turrets to Dean). I drilled out the top of the tank and they will serve as wrecks or half finished tanks in a factory.


As mentioned, I was in Vienna last weekend visiting my wife. We had a great time, and I also spotted this mural commemorating the creation of Taborstraße in 1409, if my translation is correct.


And finally, I have started work on the second of my new batch of Commission Figurines buildings, this time I am using wallpaper for the interior. More on this as it develops.


Watch this space and thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. I'd be very interested in seeing how your Stalingrad game goes- would you be able to get sufficient troop density in using the rules?

    I'm wrestling with similar problems with a megagame I'm currently writing.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's very much a drawing board game at the moment. As you say, the troop densities in the city will be an issue as Rommel only allows three units to a square. Perhaps the urban areas can be given a different rule, increase it to four, or even five?

      Delete

Post a Comment