Lanchester Armoured Cars for Malaya

Resisting the draw of the jungle can only last so long and as I am trying to organise my British and Indian forces for Malaya, I turned away from Mega City One and back to the fetid monkey infested jungles of the Far East. I put in an order over Christmas for two Lanchester armoured cars by QRF. Unfortunately, I put this order in two days before their January sale and didn't benefit from a discount! I'll hold my horses next time... 

Lanchester armoured cars patrol the jungle of Malaya

They were simple enough to paint, and I added some stowage just to break them up a bit. I also used a Plastic Soldier Company commander figure to stick out of the top turret on one of the vehicles. As with a lot of QRF vehicles, they can be a bit of a pain to put together. I had to make a small front axle out of plasticard so that the front wheels would sit properly. But that aside, I think they are OK models. 

Lanchester armoured cars by QRF

These two will add a little bit of support to the British and Indians, although they have no anti-tank capabilities, they should give the Japanese infantry a run for their money!

Meanwhile, on the Storm of Steel Wargaming channel on Youtube, here is a new video looking at my Anglo-Allied 6mm Army. I did a video recently on Napoleon's Armee du Nord and this is a sister video for that one. Check it out below and please subscribe to the channel!

Comments

  1. Really like those..one of the better QRF offerings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jim, yes QRF can be a bit hit and miss. These are a hit.

      Delete
    2. I love the Lanchester.
      A proper (ie obsolete) heavy armoured car.

      Let's stick some plate round the body and stick a turret on the flatbed.
      None of the refinement of a Rolls-Royce, but big, ugly and with plenty of machinegun.

      Delete
  2. great stuff! and the Napoleonic army is epic, thanks for sharing

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment