Punks and Gods

During lockdown, I was trying to demolish the lead mountain and part of that is clearing out the Judge Dredd figures that I have had outstanding for a while now. These punks and gang members were the next on the list. Some of these are metal and some resin. I wanted to put them on different bases to the ones supplied and the resin ones were easy to remove from their bases, whilst the metal ones took a bit more patience and swearing, but I got there... 

28mm punks and gang members from Warlord Games

I have quite a few of these figures and a couple of the poses were duplicated. So I did a bit of snipping and cutting and carving and managed to change hair and arms and other bits and pieces to mix up the poses a little. I also gave them different skin tones to add to the mixing. The bases were made with embossed plasticard and I used epoxy resin to hold the figures in place as this is a lot stronger than superglue.

Warlord Games Punks and Gang members for Judge Dredd

The twelve figures will give a nice mix to the perps on the tabletop, but I also added a bit more scenery for Mega-City One in the shape of these planters and benches. These came from Sabotag3d and are all 3D printed. 

3D printed scenery for Mega-City One

They will add a little bit of interest to the table, and can be used as blocking terrain and obstacles, so they are very useful. Thins have been a little quiet since I have been in Vienna for a while, however, I published a video last week, all about chemical warfare in the First World War. You can watch it here:

Comments

  1. They look great. Skirting on the edges of Cyberpunk too which is always a good thing....

    Liked the video- very informative. I didn't know about the early (ineffective) use of irritants.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Pete, yeah they reminded me a lot of the old RPG Cyberpunk. I daresay it was an inspiration for the sculptor. I'm glad you enjoyed the video, chemical warfare has an interesting history in the FWW, if you strip it away from the usual lens of the poets.

      Delete
    2. How do they compare with the current crop of 28mm figures out there?I mostly use Foundry or Copplestone for my Cyberpunk games...

      Cheers,

      Pete.

      Delete
    3. The Warlord JD figures are a bit taller (and maybe less chunky) than Foundry and Copplestone, but I reckon they mix OK.

      Delete
    4. Thanks Tamsin- I'll look at picking some up then.

      Cheers,

      Pete.

      Delete
  2. The gangers and scatter terrain look great. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment