PSC Marder III Sdkfz 139/138

With a natural break in the Stalingrad project, I was able to finish off the new Plastic Soldier Company set of Marder IIIs. Two of the remaining four were built as the 138 Ausf H version, to go with the one I had already made, the other two I added to my early war collection as the 139 version.



The vehicles were augmented with more PSC stowage and crewmen from the set.


The 138s were a doddle to build, however, the 139s were a little more involved, the gun mount and upper hull had quite a few separate pieces. I noticed that a moulded spade on one of the side plates made it impossible build the vehicle without filing the spade off first. I know that some of the kits were recalled due to a problem that manifested itself in the construction, so I wonder if I ended up with one of these early sets. If I did, it wasn't a problem as I simply filed away the plastic and the piece fitted perfectly.


The 139 version is an ugly looking beast, but certainly adds some punch to my early war forces.



with all the options in this kit, there are a few left over pieces, like the Pz.38(t) turrets, but you'll have to wait to see what I do with those.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. Great looking models, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look really good. Great paintjob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stanley, I really appreciate your comments!

      Delete
  3. Still they look bloody good for ugly looking beasts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good, you had to say it twice? Ha ha! Thanks Russ, much appreciated!

      Delete
  4. Still they look bloody good for ugly looking beasts

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ageing technophobe strikes again! Not sure how it happened!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look terrific, especially the camo work on the 138s. I would like some of those for the Italian campaign. PSC does make nice kit, and you put it together well. One suggestion might be to take a pin vise and drill out the first few mms of the end of the barrel, if you can get the pin vice in the centre, then a blob of black paint, and the gun looks more convincing.
    From the way the crew are positioned, there wasn't a lot of room to work the gun, was there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, these are bound for the Russian front, but if I ever get round to putting together some more Americans or British, there's no reason they couldn't be used against them as well!

      I had thought of the idea of drilling out the barrel end, I just kept forgetting to do it!

      Delete
    2. And yes, the fighting compartment is rather tight...

      Delete

Post a Comment