Having finished a couple of bases of 6mm infantry for Blücher I turned my attention to the British Cavalry. I haven't painted any cavalry, big or small for a while, so I relished the challenge. The first unit I tackled (because I had the appropriate figures in the Baccus blister pack) was the 2nd 'Union' Brigade under Major-General Sir Ponsonby. This unit was made up of 1,369 men in total and I went with an approximately 60:1 ratio for the figures. I built the unit around what I could reasonably fit on the Sally 4th Base, which was 24 figures. So these were organised into 1st Royal Dragoons and 6th Dragoons.
The Scots Greys were also a part of this unit, I left them off though as there was only 444 at Waterloo, which would have amounted to 7 figures!
As with my other Blücher units, the information and Elan track was pasted onto the rear of the base.
I had to invent a novel way of basing these horses as they were so close together. I will detail how I did it in a future blog, but let's just say for now, it was a learning curve...
Thanks for reading!