The Chin: Judge Dredd

Having recently got the new Warlord Games Judge Dredd Miniatures game starter set and some of the box sets, I began painting them, starting with the Chin himself, Judge Dredd:

28mm Judge Dredd Miniature by Warlord Games

The figures are billed as 28mm, but they are slightly larger than that and stand about 32mm. They are lovely sculpts and are moulded in resin, which gives them sharper detail. I cut the base off the figure and made my own from some embossed Plasticard with a compass cutter

Judge Dredd Miniature

In the set you also get Dredd astride his Lawmaster Mk.III bike. 

Judge Dredd rides his Lawmaster bike

This, again, is well sculpted and very well detailed. It was a pleasure to paint. 

Judge Dredd and his Lawmaster

Here are the two together, to give you an idea of the comparative sizes of the models. 

Warlord Games' Judge Dredd miniatures

I also got my old Judge Dredd Lawmaster Mk.I out to check it against the new model. These are OOP now, but in my opinion, I prefer the older design. That is because I like the older Mark I version but the new model is excellent as well. 

Two Judge Dredd Lawmasters, old and new

Don't forget that I am selling a few of these sets over on EBay, check the listings at the foot of this post. And if you want to see more of the Judge Dredd Miniatures range, please watch this video of the an unboxing of the retailers demo pack on Storm of Steel on Youtube. Please subscribe to the channel!

Comments


  1. Nice work... at least with Dredd you need never wory about painting eyes....

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Pete, that is true, but I never paint eyes anyway :)

      Delete
  2. Nice work. I have the Dredd figures on my painting table at the moment as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope you enjoy painting them. They are lovely figures.

      Delete

Post a Comment