Is It a Bird, Is It a Plane?...

As part of my push during the Covid lockdown to get my lead mountain down to a manageable amount and have some new figures that I can use on the tabletop I painted a load of Peter Pig Fallschirmjäger. I have had these for years and painted a lot for Rapid Fire a while back. However, I wanted to use these in both Chain of Command and IABSM, so I based the left overs singly and set about painting. The first batch was 24 riflemen.

German paratroops

Next was another 16 SMG and Assault rifle armed paras. 

15mm German paratroops with SMGs

There was also 20 Anti-tank figures, including Panzerschrecks, Panzerfausts and multiple headed grenade throwers.

15mm German paratroops with Anti-tank weapons

And finally, a single MG42 MMG, several LMGs and some leaders. A total of 19 more figures.

15mm German paratroop LMGs and Leaders

So that was another 79 figures battle ready. On the Storm of Steel Youtube channel I have started publishing a new how to play series, this time it is Chain of Command and you can see part one below. If you've enjoyed it, please share the video and subscribe to the channel, if you haven't already!:

Comments

  1. Nice work- am impressed you can paint such a big batch... I struggle to got above 40....

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Pete, usually I break them down into smaller batches of about twenty, but in this case, I just powered through. It helped that I only did one or two colours in a sitting, so it took over a week to get them finished.

      Delete
  2. Really nice work mate. My eyes are going so doing 15mm is getting harder so this always impresses me.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Andrew, I find you can let a lot of details slip when painting in 15mm as no one looks at them too closely when they are on the table. The arm's length rule certainly comes into play...

      Delete
  3. Shoot. I've got a bunch of old Flames of War models just sitting around not doing anything. I could easily make a platoon for '44 British and Germans, and the Brits are already painted...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get on it! I have just been clearing out my old figures and now I have loads of stuff I can use on the tabletop!

      Delete

Post a Comment