The Ssssentence is Death....

Over on Twitter Per at Rolla one has been recently painting a Judge Dredd collection, which in turn inspired me to crack on with some of the figures I have left over from my initial purchases. The first is the enemy of life itself, Judge Death.


This was a nice figure to paint, lots of sharp detail. I painted the yellow parts in a slightly sickier boney colour rather than a sharp bright yellow, to replicate the undead feel of Death's uniform.


The other figure was Orlok the Assassin, the East Meg operative who began the block mania outbreak before the East meg invasion of Mega-City One. I copied the colour of his jump suit from one of the few original colour images by Steve Dillon of him that I could find. 


Again, this was a nice figure, bursting with detail. As you can see on both I have swapped Death's base (cos I lost his original) and added some embossed plasticard to Orlok's to give them and street like style.


The reason these two had sat in the to do pile was because they are character models and Orlok, in particular, is a very specific character for a specific scenario. Apart from at the beginning of the East Meg war he has very little place in Mega-City One (I know he comes back every so often, but they are stories I've not read and am not fussed about gaming). I prefer the day-to-day business of the Judges, doing patrols, minor crimes, that kind of thing rather than the large set-piece criminal stories. But they are both done now. 

Meanwhile on the Storm of Steel Youtube channel, you can see the final part of my Malaya Campaign series, the Fall of Singapore. Check it out here:

Comments

  1. Great stuff. Judge Death was one of my favourite 2000AD characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Martin, yeah I always had a soft spot for Mr Death. I loved the origin story in the Mega-Zine when he was a dentist.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic stuff.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete, you never know, one of these days I might actually get round to playing a game of JD...

      Delete
  3. Ahhh, good old Sidney D'eath himself, and the killer of Judge Giant (snr). Nice painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Tamsin, this was a lovely figure to paint. One of the all time fan favourites.

      Delete

Post a Comment