Marshes and More Romans

With my interest in Infamy, Infamy piqued, I needed some more terrain features for my tabletop. Namely, some marshes. I had a look at making my own, but it was too much hassle and faff, so I decided to to throw money at the problem until it went away. I found that Timecast did a set in latex, so I ordered a few. The first ones turned out pretty well:


So I went and finished the rest. It didn't take very long, just a simple green paintjob with the marsh water painted in a greenish grey colour to give them that brackish look of standing water. 


I also added static grass to break up the shapes and some grass tufts for a bit of height. I was pretty happy with how they turned out. 


Meanwhile, although Infamy, Infamy has taken a bit of a back seat at he moment, while I have been completing other projects and figures, I bought in a load of Legionaries from Blue Moon. These were part of my original order, but I had to wait for them to come in from the US. However, they duly arrived and I painted the first eight.  


I did these as black Africans as the Roman army would have been made up of many races, with some of these men coming in through Egypt or other points of contact on the edge of Empire. Also, staying with my Asterix themed Infamy games, there is at least one black Egyptian legionary in Asterix the Legionary, so as my primary source material, it works for me. 


 So, some new additions to the terrain and figure collections.  Meanwhile, over on Youtube, I put out a new video showing how I painted the Duke of Brunswick in 15mm for a recent Twitter challenge. Have a watch here:

Comments

  1. Those Blue Moon Romans look really good! I'm thinking of "doing" Ancient Romans soon, and probably in 15mm, because of storage needs. However, I'd like advice on two questions : do you think Blue Moon betters any other 15mm Romans, and secondly, are there any 15mm figures for 'civilians' - Roman and Celt, as my games will be small scale and needing villagers. Thanks in advance. I'm on FB or richard.of. linford@gmail.com
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard. the Blue Moon Romans are the best that I have seen personally, but it obviously depends on taste. They are a little larger than 'true' 15mm, and are more like 18mm, but if you use them with other Blue Moon figures there won't be an issue. But tbh, it's not really something I know a lot about as I only got handful for my Infamy forces.

      Delete
    2. There are these in the same range https://oldgloryuk.com/gauls/50/216/521/539

      Delete
    3. They are and these are mine from that range: https://www.stormofsteelwargaming.com/2020/07/Asterix-the-Gaul.html

      Delete
  2. Looks good- how durable do the latex pieces seem then?

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Pete, they seem durable enough, but ask me again in twenty years...

      Delete
  3. "Abwehrschlacht" -Thanks for your comments about Blue Moon Romans. I'll investigate. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The terrain is pretty resilient other than to 'tearing' motions. And if you can get them, the old metal Corvus Belli were the best 15/18mm Romans I have come across.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I won't be tearing it anytime soon! I've just had a look and found them, they do look nice, especially the Scorpion.

      Delete
  5. Nice work on the latex marches and the Romans. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment