Sunday, 6 October 2013

Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

In a slight departure from the normal historical posts, here is a few photos of a Great Cthulhu miniature I painted a while ago (I've had a busy weekend so far, so no new painting done...). I think it's either by Reaper Miniatures or RAFM, I don't seem to be able to find it again on the interwebs, but I'm sure someone can identify it for me...


I have been a lifelong fan of H.P. Lovecraft and his writings, so it was nice to paint up one of his creations even though I will not be using it as a gaming piece.


However, Ninjasaurus Rex and I have been talking about developing a Cthulhu on Mars skirmish game (you can also see a second one in the background, this was painted for a friend).


Easy and fun to paint, it was just a few washes over a base colour then several layers of dry brushing.


Short and sweet, now with added Eldritch Horror, thanks for looking!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, love the "colors" and the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil, the eyes were painted flat red with a tiny spot of yellow in the top corner to give an impression of 'life'. I'm glad you liked it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...