Let the Kaiserschlacht Begin!

Along with the plastic First World War Germans that I bought a while ago, I decided to bolster their number with some metal ones as well. Early War Miniatures have a good range and I like the look of their figures. Coupled with being relatively cheap they are a definite winner for me! The figures have a great range of poses and their rifles aren't bendy either! I ordered about thirty five of them and am painting them in batches. These are the first nine:


I then added a few more to the mix, including some laid on the ground firing, two trench raiders cutting wire and preparing a multiheaded grenade and a Mauser 1918 T-Gewehr Anti-Tank rifle team.


Here's the Mauser 1918 T-Gewehr, with a firer and spotter:


And the two trench raiders. 


I am now basing all my Through the Mud and the Blood figures individually since buying the movement trays from Sally 4th. Here is a typical gruppe together on a tray:


I am toying with the idea of going entirely over the metal in 20mm as these figures are so good compared to the plastic ones I already have. These are the first but by no means last, so I'll post more pictures of the others as they get finished. 

Today is the 100th Anniversary of the Battle of Mons, the first major engagement by the British Expeditionary Force in the First World War. The defence of the of the Nimy bridge against German attacks also marks the awarding of the first two VCs of the war; Lt Dease and Pvt Godley.


*Spoiler* the BEF lose.

Comments

  1. They look great- really like them.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete, glad you like them! There's more on the way...

      Delete

Post a Comment